So what is Compost ?Composting is a biological process in which raw manure, organic matter and other green waste materials are matured over a period of time. Composting is the controlled stabilisation of organic solid waste material by micro-organisms and beneficial fungi in aerobic (presence of oxygen) moist conditions and at elevated temperatures (in excess of 55oC).
Peats Composting ProcessTo overcome the deficiencies with traditional composting Peats use a specially designed compost turner for the production of our Cultured Compost.
A Unique Aerobic ProcessArranged in windrows for the composting process, these materials are thoroughly mixed and aerated at regular intervals. Steam rises from the windrows as thermal pasteurisation is achieved at temperatures up to 60oC. The heat generated during this process destroys pathogens, weed seeds, Salmonella and E.coli bacterium. As the compost matures it is transformed into a stable, humus-rich soil conditioner. No artificial additives or chemicals are added during this process. The result is a High Performance – Organic Soil Conditioner with exceptional nutrient qualities, humus content microbial activities and Organic Carbon – essential for healthy soil and enhanced plant growth.
A Quality Controlled ProductDuring production temperature measurements and laboratory analysis is conducted as part of an established quality control procedure. This ensures the product meets NASAA and Australian Standards 4454 requirements.
- Billions of micro-organisms work the soil to enhance soil fertility as they breakdown organic matter adding nitrogen, phosphorus and other essential nutrients to the soil.
- Creates a better soil environment for more vigorous growth. Promotes aeration and improves soil structure for increased earthworm activity.
- Plants are less prone to drought effects due to improved water retention capacity of the soil. Essential nutrients and trace elements are slowly released to plants for continual improvement throughout the growing season.
- Micro-organism activity assists reduction of soil borne pathogens.
- Biologically stable product that does not generate offensive and can be stored without nuisance.
- No phytotoxic substances that can inhibit plant growth and seed germination.
- Compost application does not compete with plants for nutrient in the soil,
- Increased effectiveness – it has been reported that one tonne of compost is equivalent to seven tonne of raw organic material.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
A trailer load is equivalent to 0.76 M3s
ONLY, DOES NOT